Meet James Leipzig, MD, FACS
“It is the responsibility of the physician to spend time with their patients and discuss all aspects of their medical or surgical care, as well as involving their families. This leads to better decisions and better outcomes.”
A fellowship-trained spinal surgeon, James Leipzig, MD, FACS has more than twenty years of experience providing professional and state-of-the-art care and is the only surgeon in Southwest Virginia to offer a robotic spine surgery program. His credentials include:
- Undergraduate: University of California, Davis, B.S., Physiology, with Honors
- Medical School: University of California-Los Angeles, M.D.
- Residency: University of California-Los Angeles, Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Spine and scoliosis surgery, Cornell University, New York, NY
- Academic Appointments: Ohio State University, Assistant Professor of Surgery; Johns Hopkins University, Clinical Instructor of Orthopedic Surgery
- Hospital Affiliations: Lewis Gale Medical Center, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and Montgomery Regional Hospital
- Society Memberships: Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery; Fellow, American College of Surgeons; Member, American Academy of Neurological Surgeons, Member, North American Spine Society; Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.